So I did a thing last month, I got eyelash extensions! I have had them for a little over a month now and I LOVE them! I am a person who likes makeup but never wears it because of #momlife. On a normal day, I wear tinted moisturizer, mascara and moisturizing lip. Especially being a mom, it can be hard to find the time to get up and look presentable every day.
When it comes to the mascara department I have struggled. I love the look of long lashes but EVERY mascara I tried has failed me. I’ve tried designer brands, make-up store brands, and drug store brands. They all leave me with dark circles under my eyes even after a few hours and everyone always asking me if I was ok because it looked like I had been crying. So I finally took the plunge and got eyelash extensions. After talking to many different professionals I decided that this would be a great option for me.
Some Q and A’s are listed below.
This was taken before my first appointment. Also, do you know how hard it is to take a picture of your own eye?!
After: Hybrid Las
A perfect mixture of classic long lash look and the
- What is your specific length of lashes? I get a mix of classic and volume lashes, hybrid lashes. My lashes have that Va-Voom without the over the top Cardi-B look.
- How you take care of them, deal with eye makeup, etc? I NEVER wear eye makeup anymore. Like ever! After my first visit with Ashley, she recommended a Lash Shampoo, gives your extensions a little more life, other than that there really isn’t much of upkeep other than your 2 or 3 week fill-in appointment.
- How do you get them to last as long as possible? To be honest, that all depends on where you get them done and if you have a true professional applying them. Ashley only applies individual lashes and not clusters to your eyelashes so they don’t weigh down your natural lashes and pull them out. I have let my extensions naturally all come out on their own before and my real lashes looked like they did before getting extensions! Also, not rubbing your eyes and applying minimal makeup around your lashes helps them last longer too.
- Is it worth the price and upkeep? 100% YES. At least for me, it is. I love how easy it is to get ready now! If I can treat myself to one thing that makes a huge difference it’s false lashes!
- Do your eyelash extensions get in the way of your vision, like can you see them, or feel like they are bulky, similar to when you wear strip lashes? First off, they aren’t like strip lashes at all. I forget they are there until I look in a mirror.
If you are looking for a great Lash Artist here in the Indianapolis area, check out Ashley Johnson in Fishers, IN. She is simply the best there is!